Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard contaminants should be considered very dangerous as they can pose a serious health risk. Sewer backups and flood waters are two common biohazard scenarios that can affect homes and businesses. The effects of these types of hazards are immediate in North Texas as the lack of basements mean that sewage backups happen right in the main living area of our homes. Floods in and around Fort Worth can happen quickly as we so often get rain in feet and not just inches.
SERVPRO of Northwest Fort Worth has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to safely clean and restore this type of contamination. Our team is specially certified by the IICRC, so you can rest assured that we're doing things correctly and thoroughly. Our crews are your neighbors, as we live in Haslet, Saginaw, Keller, and other local communities. We want to get you restored as quickly as possible, and that means getting you cleaned up, dried out, and then sanitized so that it's safe for you to return. Our goal is to salvage as much of the structure, and personal belongings as possible, and we can typically save a lot, but when necessary, we'll remove debris, and make sure the core structure is prepared for restoration.
Before we arrive on site, please consider the steps noted below. Remember, while your home can be restored, our lives are priceless! Stay alert. stay safe, and call us!
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (817) 232-3333
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Northwest Fort Worth has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Fort Worth
- Eagle Mountain
- Blue Mound
- Pecan Acres